Cookies that taste like cake.
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Mix butter, sugar, egg and cocoa
- Stir in buttermilk and vanilla
- In a separate bowl mix together; flour, soda, and salt then blend into the sugar mixture
- Chill dough 1 hour
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Drop rounded teaspoons of dough 2″ apart on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 minutes or until no imprint remains when lightly touched.
- Let cookies cool before icing.
Chocolate Icing Ingredients
- 1 tbsp. softened butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 2 tbsp. warm water (possibly more)
- 1 cup sifted powder sugar
- Blend butter, cocoa and warm water.
- Mix in powdered sugar until smooth and the consistency, you may need to add additional water if prefer a thinner icing.