Zesty lemon cookies.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 package cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups flour
- powdered sugar
- In a large bowl blend butter and cream cheese.
- Stir in sugar and lemon peel.
- Gradually stir in flour.
- Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Shape dough into 1″ balls and place them about 2 ” apart on lined cookie sheet.
- Flatten dough to about 1/4″ with the bottom of a glass
- Sprinkle with sugar
- Bake about 7 - 9 minutes or until set but not brown
- Remove from cookie sheet while still warm and set onto plate that has been dusted with powdered sugar. Sprinkle the top of cookies with powdered sugar.