This is the second class that I worked with in Mauritania. We made mini books and mini lanterns with this class.
- decorative card stock
- white paper
- glue stick
- Cut mini book covers to 2 1/2″ x 5″
- Cut the spines to 2 1/2″ x 1 1/2″
- Cut the white paper to 2 1/4″ x 4 3/4″ Use up to 4 sheets.
- Fold decorative book cover in half
- Fold spine in half
- Fold all of the inside sheets, one at a time in half.
- Run glue along the folded edge of the white sheets, then place one inside another then into the book cover.
- Glue the backside of the book spine and place on the folded edge of the book.
*When I made these with the kids we made the books a little bigger. We also secured the pages into the book in a different way. We used embroidery floss to sew the spine and cover to the inside sheets.