These scroll cards make lovely greeting or invitation cards. Click the photo to get a better look. The card has been created two different ways. The first one shown is with the top scroll roll to the front with the ties on the top. The second with the roll towards the back with the ties at the bottom. The directions will be for the scroll roll forward and the tie on top. Materials:
- white paper: cut each sheet to 3 1/2″ x 9″
- decorative paper: cut each sheet to 4″ x 10″
- ribbon, floss or string: cut to the length desired
- glue stick
- hole punch, optional
- beads, optional
- Run glue along the top edge of the white paper.
- Turn the paper over and center it along the top of the decorative paper.
- Run glue along the top of the decorative and white paper, from the top to about an inch down.
- Place a pen on top of the glue and roll the paper around it, rolling till its been completely turned around.
- Slide the pen out holding the role in place.
- Set aside to dry placing something heavy enough to keep the roll in place but not too heavy as to crush it.
- Punch a hole (I used a skewer) in the center of the roll and thread the string through it, wrapping a couple of times.
- Tie beads to the bottom of your string.
- The cards can be finished by rolling the cards and binding with the attached ribbon or string.