Craft class in Mauritania with little ones. A few directional points fell through the cracks because of language but no harm done. No matter where I am I always love the look on makers (no matter the age) faces when they look upon what they created with pride, it always makes my heart happy.
- crepe paper, use crepe by the tall roll, crepe sheets or the small decorating rolls
- kite string or embroidery floss
- glue stick
- Before you begin cutting notice which direction of the crepe paper is easier to fold then cut your flags in that direction.
- Make sure to cut a little more on the top to allow for the fold.
- Slightly cut the outer top edges of the crepe paper at an angle so that when you fold it over the tips are not showing.
- Fold all the tops over about a 1/4″ – 1/2″ depending on your allowance.
- Run the glue along the top edge of the flag and then fold the top onto the string.