The cookies are delicate with a rich buttery flavor.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/8 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- date paste
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- wooden cookie press
- parchment paper
- Mix butter, sugar and vanilla together till smooth.
- Add flour and salt till everything is evenly blended.
- Chill dough.
- Pinch a bit of dough off and create a ball.
- Press your thumb in the center and add a small ball of date paste.
- Wrap the dough around the paste.
- Flour wooden cookie press.
- Press the dough ball in to the press.
- Flip the dough out of the press and into your hand.
- Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle sifted powdered sugar over cooled cookies.
Bake in a pre-heated over at 400 degrees for 10 – 12 minutes. Do not over bake.