Fold and Clip Geometric Garland
- Paper: Construction, Decorative or Crepe
- String, optional
1. Fold over the top edge of a piece of paper so that it ends up about an 1/2″ inch from the bottom edge.
2. Fold the bottom edge of the top sheet upwards with side edges matchin, the top edge should be aligned with the folded edge.
3. Cut parallel lines from the bottom edge upwards, about an inch apart and starting and ending about a 1/2 inch in.
The design is created by the slits that are cut into the paper.
4. Turn the paper so the slits are facing upwards, cut between the slits from the bottom fold to about 1/2″ from the
edge of the middle fold in the paper, repeat across. The closer the slits are, the longer the garland will be.
5. Unfold the paper, pulling and expanding the garland. If you want to create a long garland just glue the sides together. Hang with pushpins on the sides or for long garlands, run string through the top slits.