Simple drop cookies can make a welcome gift; just bake, wrap, tie with a ribbon and share.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp. cream of tarter
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and eggs, mix well.
- Blend flour, cream of tarter, soda, and salt; mix into the butter mixture.
- Mix the remaining 2 tbsp. of sugar and the 2 tsp. cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Shape dough into 1″ balls and roll into the cinnamon mixture.
- Place 2″ appart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8 – 10 minutes. The cookies will rise and then flatten out as they bake.