Dress up packages with these super simple salt dough medallions.
Look around your house for patterns that you can use .
Medallion ready to bake.
- flour, I used a mixture of whole wheat and white flour
- rolling pin
- patterned items for creating the designs
- Optional- emory board or sand paper and clear fingernail polish
- Mix flour and salt together.
- Add water with flour mixture till it forms a ball
- Roll out the dough on to a floured surface to thickness of a pie crust.
- Press patterned items into the dough.
- Cut around the shape with a knife or use a cookie cutter.
- With the pencil make a hole at the top for hanging.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 4 hours at 2oo degrees.
- Sand the sides of the medallions and brush on clear fingernail polish or some other clear glossy finish if desired.
You could also add color by either adding food coloring to the dough, using ink from a stamp pad before you bake, or using markers on the baked dough.