- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 tea baking soda
- 1/4 tea salt
- 1 3/4 to 2 cups flour
- vegetable oil
- powdered sugar
- Mix eggs, 2 T vegetable oil, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Gradually stir in enough flour to make a very stiff dough.
- Knead 5 minutes.
- Pour at least 1 inch of oil in a pan and heat to 375 degrees.
- Roll half of the dough at a time as thin as possible on a well-floured surface, turning often to prevent sticking.
- Dough will bounce back, continue rolling until it stays stretched out.
- Cut dough into circles or squares and fold in fourths.
- Use scissors to cut the outer edges and the center like a snowflake.
- Fry open dough pieces for about 30 seconds or until lightly browned.
- Turn quickly and brown the other side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, cinnamon and sugar or honey butter.