For each lantern you will need:
- 1 sheet of paper (construction or decorative)
- 1 sheet of velum (optional)
- Glue or stapler
- Fold paper in half length wise.
- Make cuts across paper from folded edge outward, space about 1 1/4" apart stopping about 1/14" from the bottom edge.
- Trim the sides of the slices that were just cut, trimming is done at an arch on both sides of each cut.
- Open paper.
- Bring sides together and glue or staple closed.
- Cut a strip of paper for the lantern handle and glue.
- Wrap velum creating a tube shape, glue together.
- Insert velum into the lantern, glue in place.